It’s Worth The Trip for Prostate Cancer Care

21 May 2009

Based out of Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York City, Robotic Oncology services and skills are unique. This is why patients travel anywhere from around the world, the U.S. and of course the tri-state area to consult with Dr. David Samadi to experience his superior surgical expertise and experience. The results will be well worth the travel.

For those of you who have traveled to see Dr. Samadi from afar, please post your stories here. Post your comments below (click on comments). Fill out all of the appropriate fields including your name, email address, and comments and then click “Submit.”

9 Responses to ' It’s Worth The Trip for Prostate Cancer Care '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' It’s Worth The Trip for Prostate Cancer Care '.

1. William Shapiro PE said,

on December 2nd, 2007 at 11:21 am

Dear Dr David B Samadi I just retired from Volvo as the Director of Safety, Environment and Governmental Affairs in the Spring of 2007. I had my PSA checked all the time by my family Dr S Fields. In April 2007 it was over 4 and I went to a urologist where it was over 6 and a smooth prostrate. A biosy followed and I was told I had prostrate cancer Gleasson 8. Then I met Dr David B Samadi Thank GOD or whatever u believe. I knew he was a guru. The removal was done on July 25, 2007 1 nite in MT Siani and back home my wife Marsha and daughter Jackie going to get married JULY 5, 2008 were then taking care of me for 10 days. God bless them too. I had NO pain. They were there for me when needed. I then started walking as I always do. First in the park with my cacheter. When that came out 8 days later I was so happy. I felt myself after about 3 months later. Enjoying retirement. Whatever Dr Samadi said has come true.I have a picture of him near my bed. He is so special. I now tell everyone to get their PSA checked. I talk to people with prostrate cancer about my great experience. Call me if you need anything 201 358 0864 I have studied all the literature on the WWW. Wed I am going to volunteer at Gilda’s club to help others. Because of the very clear margins that Dr Samadi made the probability of a PSA failure is MUCH lower than any data says. That is the key. Others DRS have said that including Memorial SK.
    Thank God for all the people that trained Dr Samadi and who developed the robot. Please keep it up BEST BILL Shapiro PE 245 Thayer St Rivervale, NJ 07675

2. Save This Page

3. HBR MD said,

on December 24th, 2007 at 5:35 pm

I am a general surgeon in North Florida in whom prostate cancer was discovered in mid Nov. 07. The PSA was 4 and the Gleeson score was 6. After what I felt to be appropriate consultation with my colleagues, I decided on the robotic technique. Quite honestly as my inquiries progressed, this became an easy decision, based upon my research as to the success of the technique in eradicating the cancer and the anticipated post opertive course (especially in Dr. Samadi’s hands). The other “easy” decision was my choice of Dr. Samadi to perform my surgery. Through my contacts as a physician, I came upon Dr. Samadi and he was consistently highly recommended for his surgical expertise with the robotic technique. I contacted him Thanksgiving day and he phoned me within 24 hours. The case was scheduled for Dec. 8th. I am now approximately 2 weeks post op. and my recovery has been absolutely outstanding. I am surprised how well I feel and how much energy I have. (In fact the only reason I am not back exercising full tilt is because I have been advised not to and my wife won’t let me.)

I like and respect Dr. Samadi very much. My experience with him has been entirely positive and I feel very fortunate that Dr. Samadi was available to perform the robotic surgery. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

HBR M.D.

Addendum-A number of my friends have had open radical prostatectomies and the difference in the ease of my recovery in comparison to them is amazing.

4. Save This Page

5. Donald Sosin said,

on December 25th, 2007 at 4:26 pm

Dear Dr. Samadi,

I am writing to thank you from the bottom of my heart (well, that should also be “abdominal cavity” since that is what prompted me to contact you originally). I am only 8 days out of surgery but I have complete urinary function with virtually no leakage, have had a couple of erections, astonishingly, and am able to sit at my piano and play without any discomfort whatever. I’m no longer on pain medication and was really not in much discomfort during the week of recuperation with the catheter. I was out of the hospital less than 24 hours after the 90-minute surgery was over, and felt very well cared for in the hospital by you and your top-notch staff.

I’m 56, a married father. I was diagnosed with stage 1 prostate cancer in September by my local CT urologist and given a choice of radiation, seeds, or a prostatectomy. At that time I didn’t know about robotic procedures, and even a 2nd opinion by my dad’s urologist didn’t turn up this information. Fortunately, within about a month I was recommended to you, and was lucky enough to get an appointment to see you almost immediately, which I thought was amazing, considering your schedule and reputation. From the moment I met you, I knew you were someone I could trust, filled with compassion, apologetic for making me wait a few minutes. I felt as though I had your complete attention and that you were completely there to help in whatever way you could. You said that given my condition I could afford to wait a few months to decide what I wanted to do. After a month of thinking over my options, including alternative therapies, detoxing, healers, etc., I decided you were right: why walk around with this in my body?

So I am just writing to say that I feel I made the best possible decision, and that you were the best possible person for my situation. I can unhesitatingly recommend robotic surgery to anyone who is looking for the finest care, a simple, unpainful and effective solution to their disease. Please contact me if you have any other questions. Happy Holidays Donald Sosin

6. Save This Page

7. Dave Ekedal said,

on May 26th, 2008 at 7:47 pm

When I was given the diagnosis of Prostate Cancer, my oncologist in Newport Beach, Ca. Dr. Neil Barth, referred me to Dr. Samadi for Robotic Prostate Removal surgery. I was nervous and apprehensive before meeting with Dr. Samadi. But as soon as we met, Dr. Samadi calmed my fears and reassured my wife and I, my surgery would go smoothly and I would have a possitive outcome. My surgery went extremely well. I only lost 2 teaspoons of blood and had no pain whatsoever afterwards. I had my surgery Saturday, April 19, and was on a plane coming home the following Tuesday, April 22nd. I was only in the hospital 24 hours and was up, walking the halls a matter of hours after I was back in my room from surgery. I walked that afternoon 1.5 miles. Dr. Samadi’s surgery team and office staff are so caring and helpful. Ann and Helen in Dr. Samadi’s office were always there for me, answering all my many questions or concerns, no mater how trivial. I was back to work in my office on Wednesday, April 23rd, the the day after we returned from New York. Since the surgery, at four weeks, I walk 8 miles a day. I feel great! I had very little urinary problems after surgery and will have total recovery of the urinary tract nerves. I will be back in the gym and will be resuming all my regular activities without restrictions next week, 6 weeks post op. Iam so thankful to have Dr. Samadi and his team perform my surgery. Dr. Samadi, you are a remarkable, brilliant and caring sureon. Many thanks to you and your team for giving my life back!

Thanks Again
    Dave Ekedal

8. Save This Page

9. J Malone said,

on June 6th, 2008 at 6:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m a pleased Dr. Samadi patient like all of you. I thank Dr. Samadi dearly for saving my life. The other day, I was surfing Wikipedia and found Dr. Samadi, much to my surprise:

There’s a bio on him and it’s very interesting, as well as being written in different languages.

I didn’t know his life history was so challenging. Thank god we met.

Kindest Regards To Dr. Samadi

-J. Alexander
    Hoboken, NJ

10. Save This Page

11. R. Sanon said,

on July 15th, 2008 at 12:03 pm

Dear Dr. Samadi

It’s been four weeks now since you have successfully operated on me. I will forever be grateful to you for your kindness and generosity.
    You are clearly an example of what a real doctor should be. You may be the best at what you do but no where in sight can anyone see a chip on your shoulder like most in your profession seem to carry with them every where they go. You should be commended for the humanitarian that you are and be seen as a role model for others who want get into your profession. Now I see why my sister kettleen insisted that I should fly from Florida to New York to have you take care of me.

once again thank you and may God forever bless you, your staff, and your family.

Sincerely

R. Sanon

12. Save This Page

13. on June 2nd, 2009 at 11:39 pm

[…] This post was Twitted by drdavidsamadi – Real-url.org […]

14. Save This Page

15. Dan Conte said,

on December 19th, 2009 at 8:25 pm

I had my surgery six weeks ago. During the whole recuperation period I had only mild discomfort. The questions are typically, am I free from cancer, will I be continent, and will sexual function return. I’m happy to say that I hit the trifecta. It’s clearly the experience of the surgeon. When you decide on Dr. David Samadi, you have the best there is.

While Dr. Samadi is a fabulous surgeon, what really helped me make up my mind was that he is an unbelievable human being.

Thank you Dr. Samadi.

16. Save This Page

17. on August 25th, 2010 at 6:36 pm

This is a good step for prostrate cancer.

18. Save This Page